We are relieved to hear that theatres across England can fully open from Monday 19 July. This will hopefully be a turning point on the road to recovery and ensure the long-term financial viability for our world-leading arts sector.
As throughout the pandemic, the safety and confidence of our audiences and staff remains paramount. The majority of Darlington Hippodrome’s COVID safety measures will remain, including a strong recommendation of the use of face coverings whilst in the venue and more importantly in the auditorium, as advised by the Government.
To assist with reducing crowding, on arrival please go straight to the seating level your tickets are booked for – there are bars available on all levels of the Hippodrome.
We hope to make the auditorium available as early as we can to allow you to take your seats. The theatre foyer doors will be open one hour before the production starts.
From Monday 19 July the following measures will REMAIN:
- Enhanced cleaning.
- Hand sanitiser stations.
- Wearing of face coverings is strongly encouraged, especially while moving around the venue and seated in the auditorium.
- Hippodrome staff will continue to wear face masks and screens will continue to be used on service areas. Our staff will still be maintaining social distancing.
- Queueing systems will be in place upon entry to the building and on bars around the building.
- The NHS QR Code will be available to scan on an individual basis.
- Some one-way routes around the building to avoid overcrowding at pinch points.
- Restricted Stage Door activities post-show.
From Monday 19 July the following measures will CEASE:
- Compulsory check-in via the NHS app or taking of individual contact details on entering the venue.
- Socially distanced auditorium seating (although some productions may continue to offer some, or all, of their performances as socially distanced over the summer).
- Restrictions on booking party size and limitations to households or bubbles.
Please do not attend a performance at Darlington Hippodrome should you have any symptoms of COVID-19:
- Continuous cough.
- Elevated temperature.
- Loss or change of taste and smell.
Please do not attend a performance at Darlington Hippodrome if you have been instructed to self-isolate, either by the NHS Track and Trace service or other healthcare professionals.
Having received the go-ahead to fully re-open, theatre producers and the Hippodrome staff are committed to bringing top quality live entertainment back to Darlington.